In accordance with the amended Law on Free Access to Information of Public Importance, most authorities have an obligation to create an Information Booklet regarding their work in electronic and machine-readable form, which is being published through an Information Booklet unique information system. This system is managed and maintained by the Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection, at the Internet address: https://informator.poverenik.rs/pristup.
The public authorities are obliged to fulfill this obligation, under the threat of misdemeanor liability, within one year from the date of this law’s entry into force, that is, by November 16, 2022.
As part of the project "Open data for sustainable development" implemented by the Office for IT and eGovernment and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), with the support of the Government of the United Kingdom, the Commissioner prepared and published a video tutorial for filling out Information Booklet (www.poverenik.rs/sr-yu/видео-упутство-за-објављивање-информатора-о-раду.html) on his website. The mentioned walk-through tutorial explains, step by step, the procedure for filling out the Information Booklet.
The commissioner also reminds us that, in accordance with the law, the following have the obligation to prepare the Information booklet:
- Body of the Republic of Serbia;
- Authority of the autonomous province;
- Body of the municipality, city, urban municipality, and the city of Belgrade;
- Public company, institution, organization, and other legal entity, which is established by regulation or decision of the body referred to in points 1) to 3) of this paragraph;
- Company whose founder or member is the Republic of Serbia, an autonomous province, a local self-government unit, or one or more authorities from points 1) to 4) of this paragraph with 50% or more shares or total shareholding, that is, with more than half of the board members in the management body;
- Company whose founder or member is one or more authorities from points 1) to 5) of this paragraph with 50% or more shares or total shareholding;
- a legal entity whose founder is a company from points 5) or 6) of this paragraph