Catalogue of public authorities in the sense of Law on Free Access to Information of Public Importance
Last updated: 29.03.2022.
The Catalogue contains data on state and other authorities and organizations, which in the sense of Article 3 of the Law on Free Access to Information of Public Importance ("Official Gazette of the RS" No 120/04, 54/07, 104/09, 36/10 and 105/21) represent public authorities to which this law applies.
The category of public authorities, in terms of the Law on Free Access to Information of Public Importance ("Official Gazette of RS" No. 120/04, 54/07, 104/09, 36/10, and 105/21) includes:
1) Body of the Republic of Serbia;
2) Body of the autonomous province;
3) Body of the municipality, city, urban municipality, and the city of Belgrade;
4) Public enterprise, institution, organization, and other legal entity, which is established by regulation or decision of the body referred to in points 1) to 3) of this paragraph;
5) Business entity whose founder or member is the Republic of Serbia, an autonomous province, a unit of local self-government, ie one or more authorities from points 1) to 4) with 50% or more shares or stocks in overall or with more than half of the board members in the management body;
6) Business entity whose founder or member is one or more authorities from points 1) to 5) of this paragraph with 50% or more shares or stakes in overall;
7) Legal entity whose founder is a company from item 5) or 6) of this paragraph;
8) Legal entity or an entrepreneur performing activities of public interest, in terms of the law governing the position of public enterprises, in relation to information related to the performance of those activities;
9) Legal or a natural person who has public powers, in relation to information related to the exercise of those powers;
10) Legal entity that in the year to which the requested information relates has generated more than 50% of the revenue from one or more authorities referred to in points 1) to 7) of this paragraph, in relation to information concerning the activity financed by these revenues, except for the church and religious community.
To the category of public authorities in the sense of this Law ("Official Gazette of the RS" No 120/04, 54/07, 104/09, 36/10 and 105/21) belong:
1) state authorities, territorial autonomy authorities, local self-government authorities, organizations vested with performing public authorizations, (state authority in a broader sense);
2) legal entities formed or financed fully or predominantly by a state authority from point 1).
The Commissioner’s Service has used the most diverse sources of information for Catalogue compilation, because not all of the authorities have replied to the Commissioner’s request to deliver data necessary for this Catalogues’ compilation. In that way, besides regulations, for the information contained in the Catalogue, reports and other authorities’ documents have been used, their own and other Internet presentations. Data on legal entities financed from the budget have been secured from the Treasury Administration of the Ministry of Finance for the needs of this Catalogue.
Having in mind the above quoted reasons, there is a possibility that the Catalogue didn’t cover all entities, which are, in the sense of this law, listed in the category of public authorities. There is also a possibility that an insignificant number of contained titles transferred from the Treasury Administration, most often under title Funds and the like on the local level, do not have legal subjectivity, and that they do not represent public authorities, but a budget category important for handling funds. Therefore the Catalogue does not have constitutive, but practical, informational character.
The Catalogue in this phase contains data for 10886 subjects, pending that due to the above quoted reasons, that number can be subject to change.
Due to the special status of AP Kosovo and Metohija, authorities from the territory of this Province have been processed both on the Republic and on the local level.
Due to everything stated, as well as due to a large scope of databases contained in the Catalogue, the Commissioner’s Service reserves the right to correct possible mistakes. For those reasons, any suggestion regarding the contents of the Catalogue shall be valuable, and can be delivered to the Commissioner’s Service by e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org Ova adresa el.pošte zaštićena je od spam napada, treba omogućiti JavaSkript da biste je videli , or by regular mail to the postal address: Belgrade, Nemanjina 22-26 or to the Service Seat in Svetozara Markovića Street 42.
Note: Web addresses of the public authorities are given only in Latin script