The Commissioner reminds all authorities that by Article 43 of the Law on Free Access to Information of Public Importance ("Official Gazette of RS", No. 120/2004, 54/2007, 104/2009, 36/2010, and 105/2021), until January 31, 2023, are obliged to submit to the Commissioner an annual report for 2022 on the actions of that authority, undertaken for the purpose of implementing this law.
Article 3 of the same law stipulates that a public authority, in terms of this law, is:
1) An authority of the Republic of Serbia;
2) An authority of the autonomous province;
3) An authority of the municipality, city, city municipality, and the city of Belgrade;
4) A public company, institution, organization, and other legal entity, established by regulation or decision of the authority referred to in points 1) to 3) of this paragraph;
5) A company whose founder or member is the Republic of Serbia, an autonomous province, a local self-government unit, or one or more authorities from points 1) to 4) of this paragraph with 50% or more stocks or ownership share in total, that is, with more than half of the members in the board management;
6) A company whose founder or member is one or more authorities from points 1) to 5) of this paragraph with 50% or more stocks or ownership share in total;
7) A legal entity whose founder is a company from points 5) or 6) of this paragraph;
8) A legal person or an entrepreneur who performs activities of general interest, in the terms of the law regulating the position of public companies, in relation to the information connected to the exercise of such activities;
9) A legal or natural person who has public powers, in relation to the information connected to the exercise of such powers;
10) A legal person that, in the year to which the requested information relates, generated more than 50% of their revenue from one or more authorities from points 1) to 7) of this paragraph, in relation to the information connected to the activity financed by those revenues, except the church and religious community.
Compliant with the law, the Commissioner issued a Decision on the form and method of submitting the annual report of public authorities on actions undertaken for the purpose of implementing the Law on Free Access to Information of Public Importance ("Official Gazette of the RS", number 10/22).
In case the authority fails to submit the annual report from paragraph 1 of this article to the Commissioner, the Commissioner is authorized to submit a request to initiate misdemeanor proceedings for the offense from Article 46, paragraph 1, point 9) of this law.
The Commissioner invites all authorities to fulfill their legal obligations promptly through the Portal for submitting annual reports of public authorities, at the web address: https://izvestaji.poverenik.rs.